Monday, March 30, 2020

Editing: The Re-shoot & Re-Edit: 2nd Part

2nd Part to the Re-Shooting & Re-Edting blog

* This is the safety precautions for the broken glass. It was put in two rubbish bags and tightly secured. 

During this time of COVID-19 the thoughts of re-shoot and re-editing are on the table. I've used my phone as a backup camera for the footage for the re-shoot. However, there is a chance that the re-editing team might have a hard time with the footage thus far. We can't push back the deadline of when the project is due so I made a bold move to use a different technology. When I filmed I made sure to be careful and wore long socks to keep my legs and feet from the glass. The glass was also dropped from a low footage so that the sards couldn't go to far. After I bagged the glass twice and tightly secured the top. The other people in my group were kept inform of this before-hand and I've sent a copy of it to each of them. They are welcome to use and edit the film as much as they can with the time we have left. This long process; gathering ideas, acting on our ideas, gathering supplies, filming, editing, ect... showed me that this business cannot only be just fun but can teach you to manage your time and think of innovative ways to continue a project once you have commited to it.
  The Re-editing will happen but not from my end. I've given the footage over to my group mates and they will be able to incorporate it into the film. This is if they believe it fits the feelings we are trying to produce. If not then that is how it will go, I trust my group mates in making that decision. I will stick to my rolls and strengthen them through my work. I have been trying to figure out how to properly fim the next part in the filming process, my reflection piece. However, with the COVID-19 virus and the lack of not only human interaction through social distancing but, by a big difference with the distance in location of my school to me, compared to my other groupmates, will make it hard to film. I will look into apps on my phone that are allowed to edit my videos. I will also try to share this with my group mates. I will also try to aid my group through this new age of the internet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment