Friday, February 21, 2020

Filming: Props and Costumes

Props and Costumes 

For my group I will be in charge of the props and costumes. With this job I gave myself it will be a lot of work and responsibility. To properly make and create the things we will be using to film to give the look we want took a lot of time. With this the props have to look realistic while still being safe for the actor. I have made a couple of things for them to wear that will be fun and simple. The different scenes all have different costume changes and different pieces the actor will have to adjust to wearing depend on the setting and script. For the dining room scene and the car scene. These will all have the same to similar attire. The male will be wearing the same thing throughout but the female will be constantly changing. The dinner table will be set to feed a king and queen, but not really cause they are just “celebrities.” 
   The props for food wise will look both like human body parts and other types of food. When the scene pops up with all the food the food will look like the following images. 
    
                  

The food is one of the most important parts of the movie and took me a little while to make. The setting of the table was to look like a dark and classy couple that wanted to enjoy a nice meal together. The music and the other things during the film will provide ambiance and Mise-Un-Scene. I made the props out of fondant for the realistic body parts. They were made by hand by looking at pictures of the face. The other things that from far away look like other body parts are jello. The jello I used was the strawberry one so it looked like blood. The other one I used was regular gelatin and the cherry for more of a contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment