Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting Final Task

Starting Final Task

For this final project we will be doing the first few minutes (2) of the movie we will be creating. With this we have made pitches that we will chose from that will fit to what we want to do. The themes are mainly horror but we also have some that has a tad of romance and mystery (I.e crime. I’m working with a group of four, counting myself. In this group will be Victoria, Jaheim, Andrea, and I (Emily). I will be the director of this along with the producer of the music and costumes. I can’t wait to start filming and create a whole new movie right from our ideas. The props will be realistic. The music will pertain to how the scenes will play out. 
   In this class I have learned several things that pertain to media studies. Editing was the most difficult to do in this group. Since we are a bunch of creative people, we want to do the most. However, with the time and how we payed out the storyboards time wasn’t on our side. I got to do the music videos editing and had tones of fun. Filming the music video and commercial was fun. I filmed the whole music video and added bits and pieces of my own ideas thrown into it. Make-up and props have been the main thing in on charge of. I have been doing this long before this class for drama but I have never done it on this scale. The bits and pieces that had to go into the props took a long time but taught me how to improve. I was able to bring back elements from years ago to the present time in the music video. 
  A pitch is not like throwing a baseball, however it can be compared to that. It’s basically a whole synopsis of the movie in under 25 words. This is also called an elevator pitch which can tell the director what the movie is about. Along have a feel over the movie before the elevator reaches the floor. We allowed space to ask questions about it and how we can improve or change it. 
Plan #1
Pitch: Girls friend winds up dead and made to look like a suicide, it’s up to her to find out what happened, or die trying. 

Plan #2
Pitch: the frat house is haunted, a group of teens think it’s smart to throw a party, little do they know the house can come to life.

Plan #3
Pitch: girl who doesn’t believe in god or faith in general accidentally became the devil and wants revenge for her past.

Plan #4

Pitch: a movie star couple never seems to get along, except when they are eating a meal with each other,people everywhere wonder why ,until a reporter winds up dead with parts missing and them missing. 


*This is not real, these are props that are edible, these are the prototypes for the different pitch ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment