Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming blog

Filming


We filmed our commercial today Thursday, 24 October, 2019. When I decided to do the script ideas I wanted to incorporate the different techniques I saw in the other commercials I’ve previously watched. From Dunkin’ Donuts (what the commercial is about). The lighting around school is not the best and if we were going to shoot outside we needed both shade and light. The place I decided on was the hallway before the cafeteria. However, since lunches would be going on I decided the better option, the track. With this the script was what it was. We tried to follow the storyboard exactly even when the sun wasn’t as cooperative. I brought in doughnuts to be the props. I also brought all of the different costumes. 
        My job was being the director. I made the script and helped  direct how the storyboard would look. I wanted for everyone to have their own “moment.” I didn’t want anyone to be left out so throughout the time ,I would have them redo the different shots ,and takes. This is so, when we are done, we can pick the best ones out. Also I wanted for everyone to have fun so we took a lot of bloopers. I acted as one of  the runners in the commercial. I helped the camera man (Jaheim) film in the way that would match the storyboard and my vision of the commercial. Me being the runner in the film I had a minor roll however it was vital to show the win and loss between me and Andrea. This was to show the “America runs on Dunkin.” When I took the different shots of Jaheim I made sure to tale different shots just to make sure we got the best one. When the scene with Victoria came up Jaheim and I both decided to film it.
   It was my job to make sure the angle of the shot was good. When Andreas close-up shot I also helped him figure out the different angels to get the perfect shots. To film I brought in the SD card. I also brought in the SD card reader. This is so we could dump the film on the computers desktop.  I made sure the SD card I brought in would be able to hold all of the extra film. I was expecting us to do a lot of extras. The different shots would be short but we would take up a lot of space. We made sure to find each scene more than 3+ and so we have LOTS of film. I had so much fun filming and playing around with the different aspects of the filming process. It was a cool experience and can’t wait for the next part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment