Tuesday, April 7, 2020

My CCR: The Script and Background

My CCR

In this CCR I've reflected on not only the movie and the details of it, I've also talked about my experiences with filming and the AICE Media class overall. I've put my script down below and also stated the reasons for certain details about it. 
I chose my dog to be the one to interview me due to the social distancing order. I didn’t want to risk going across county so I could film with my group so, we all decided to do it separately. The reason why I decided to not film my face and instead record an audio file and send it in is, that way I can show my skill in inserting a voice over. I also don’t like to be the one to be filmed. Stage fright is real and I can show my talents better off camera. 
The Script 

Question #1
Throughout this experience in AICE media I’ve learned to not only adapt with the ever changing challenges i faced for filming and production but also I’ve learned how to manage the time and resources that were available. I learned how to use my previous knowledge of costume and design and built on those skills. I’ve learned to work under a time constraint and I feel like I can better handle similar situations in the future. AICE media taught me to be more quick on my feet and mind. Along with teaching me the basics of filming and how movies, commercials, and music videos get filmed. With the virus the last thing we had to do was our movie. Since the no contact warning re-shooting was a bit of a challenge but we managed by taking each others strengths into consideration. The movie turned out great.


For regular dramas, you mainly see bright lighting and happy music. For the drama “A Bit of Love” I wanted it to play in more to the darker side of dramas. I wanted a darker feeling with the aesthetic of a drama. The yelling and fighting that the characters show to the audience quietly gets shut down. This adds a little humor into the mix along with the constant change of scene like most dramas have. With the genre leaning more towards drama than romance or crime I wanted it to have a bit of everything. The dialogue is few but should add a little humor to the dark atmosphere. The way the movie is shown is that I wanted them to be in dark lighting when they were together, and a lighter lighting when eating. This emphasizes the importance of what they are eating. 

This movie shows the darker side to celebrities. It addresses that what the public may see is not what usually happens behind closed doors. This group of people that people regard as “can do no wrong” can be an issue. People are people, humans are humans, we all have flaws, anyone who says different is lying or selling stuff. 
Question #2
This movie engages with the audiences by creating the suspense of the fast pace and multiple locations. The fast pace introduction shows a glimpse into the unknowns of celebrity life and how one thing can be vastly different on and off camera. The drama is the people and their interactions with each other, but also their food. This also can create a little humor on how we can all be different before and after we are hungry. 

With the COVID -19 virus, times are changing, for better or worse it’s too soon to tell. The movie industry has been shut down to prevent the spread to the actors and the people on and off set. The production of the movie has been stopped but the movies that have already been through that are on to the stage of releasing the film. However with the virus social distancing rules out the movie theaters. Online sites are now spreading like wild fire and with the working class staying home movie watching is their go to. Online sites would be a good way to get our movie out there and after the virus has been controlled we can possibly release it to the movie theaters. Hypothetically speaking. 
Question #3
Like I've said previously the virus has kept most of the production to zero.  Before this started however, we were fortunate to have filmed the essential parts to the film. So, we didn’t need to reshoot very much. My experience with filming before this was quite low but I’m happy to say that my management skills and my ability to work a camera has gotten better. For this introduction to the movie world I was able to broaden several of my skills. Clothing and production, the props and the settings and or locations, and the directing and camera work were up to me to desire how it should flow. I wanted to help out on editing but with the zero contact order I was able to leave suggestions and help my group mates with the flow and direction of the film. I helped my group mates stay on top of their work and made huge progress with time and production effort. 
   The technology aspect in the film was a must. We used different software to help aid us through the time where we can’t go to school to edit. We got to branch out more and see what other sites are available. I got to use different cameras and edit things along this journey. The use of a tripod and other camera devices helped us stabilize and make our film less shaky. I had fun on this journey of AICE media.


Background
I edited this CCR to be in the style of an interview for the fun and creativity aspect. I wanted this CCR to be the thing that was simple and shows off my talents that I've learned. The ability to adapt and the ability to show creative spirit throughout this adventure. In the reflection bit after the questions I put in the little behind the scenes to how I made the props and why I  made them how they are.


No comments:

Post a Comment